Newcastle Sports Medicine’s Sports Injury Clinic treats athletes of the Newcastle and Hunter region that have had a recent sports injury.If you have been injured in the last 10 days call the clinic on (02) 4910 0805 or book online by selecting the Acute Clinic.
Injuries are always a cause for concern and often don’t seem significant until Monday morning when your ankle/knee/shoulder (whatever you bravely put in to that challenge) is getting sorer rather than better. Waiting in Emergency for several hours is often not possible when work, family and life put your own needs bottom of the list.
Expert assessment at the Sports Injury Clinic can help with;
• Fast accurate diagnosis
• Quality treatment which starts IMMEDIATELY
• High quality imaging including MRI (usually bulk billed)
• Minimising time lost from work
• Pain reduction
• Maintenance of function
• Less matches / events missed in your sport
• Safe return to sport
• Early treatment with sports trained surgeons when needed
At our Sports Injury Clinic you will be assessed by a Sports Medicine Specialist (Dr Ross Cairns or Dr Steve Reid) who are experts in injury management. They will arrange all investigations required (including X-ray, CT and MRI, usually at no additional cost and will be performed within 48 hours in most cases) and see you with your results within a few days at dedicated follow up for the Sports Injury Clinic.
Examples of Common Acute Sports Injuries Treated Include:
• Muscle & Tendon: Common injuries are in the hamstrings, calves, groin and quads
• Neck: Stingers / burners
• Shoulder: Dislocations, AC joint, bursitis, rotator cuff injuries
• Wrist: Ligament injuries, cartilage damage
• Hand: Finger dislocations, finger and thumb ligament injuries
• Back: Acute back pain and sciatica
• Hips: Impingement, labral tears, hip flexor injuries, adductor strains
• Knees: Anterior cruciate ligament ruptures, meniscal tears, ligament injuries
• Ankles: Lateral ankle sprains, syndesmosis injuries, posterior impingement
• Feet: Lisfranc injuries, turf toe